Interface to GDB

Hi,
I have an IDE running on windows to which I want to attach the GDB debugger
support.

I have configured the GDB server for the target "arm-linux".
The GDB host is configured on MinGW-Msys environment on windows.
The communication protocol used here is TCP/IP.

The UI designing part is done, now I want to use GDB as the debugger in the
back end.

My concern is how do I interface my IDE program with the GDB?
Does GDB makes any standard interfaces available to the external world?

Thanks & Regards,
Manoj