Re: GDB 6.0 Branch and ARM Multithreading Support

On Mon, Sep 01, 2003 at 11:31:36AM +0100, Chris.Pedley@arm.com wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've cross compiled the GDB 6.0 branch for ARM Linux (host=arm-linux
> target=arm-linux build=i686-linux) and can't get it to debug a
> multithreaded program.  Attempting to debug a program that creates a thread
> results in:
>
> Program received signal SIG32, Real-time event 32.
> 0x0000f2c0 in __sigsuspend (set=0xbffffc9c)
>
> I've linked the program statically against unstripped libraries as I am
> aware that people have had trouble debugging multithreaded applications
> using a stripped pthread library.
>
> Any suggestions as to what is wrong?

Does it display any messages about loading libthread_db?  Does it
successfully map the library?

I tested native thread debugging on ARM recently (~ week ago) and it
worked.  If you are using glibc 2.3.2 you will need the patch I sent to
this list and libc-alpha a week or two ago.

--
Daniel Jacobowitz