Re: The use of the toplevel ChangeLog and config/ChangeLog

Kelley Cook <kcook34@ford.com> writes:

> a) There remains a separate config/ChangeLog and all the config/
> changes be documented only in there.
>
> b) All changes to the config/ directory be documented in the toplevel
> directory and there not be a config/ChangeLog.
>
> Of course, it is quite possible, that am I missing something and there
> is a reason that some go in one ChangeLog and some in the other?
>
> Anyway I'll volunteer to clean up the ChangeLog(s), if everyone can
> come to an agreement of which way it should go.  Personally, I would
> think that the ChangeLog in the toplevel should be good enough.

I vote (a), because there is legitimate reason for the top-level
ChangeLogs in src/ and gcc/ not to be identical, but the config/
directory is supposed to be kept precisely in sync between the two
repositories.  Therefore keeping a separate changelog for that
directory ensures that changes will stay documented in both
repositories.

zw