Re: `interpreter mi' with -noasync

 > > But when used with -noasync it seems to get a bit confused:
 >
 > That's not suprizing.  There has never been any intent for MI to work
 > with anything but async.

I use -noasync with Fortran programs and on a Windows platform (NT, at least)
because, otherwise, Emacs receives the annotations from GDB in the wrong
order. -async doesn't seem to be asynchronous from the users point of view i.e
a second GDB command does not start execution until the first one has
completed.  Although I don't understand what -noasync does, I use it because
seems to do the `right thing'.

Is this use surprising or necessary? Could I get by without -noasync? (I just
want to receive output from GDB in its proper order).

Nick