Re: Problems with load

Several things to check:

- Is the section being loaded marked as LOAD?
Run 'objdump -h <pgm>' on the executable being loaded and check that all the sections that GDB should load have the LOAD attribute.

- Is GDB transfering the data?
There should be output from "load" indicating what GDB is transfering. Is the missing section in the list.

- Is GDB really transfering the data?
Enabe remote protocol debugging "(gdb) set debug remote 1" and then perform a load. You should see memory write packets to the sections in question.

If all of these are ok, then the problem is in the remote end.

Andrew

I've problems using the gdb load instruction. The command is executed.
But the file is no written correctly into the RAM. Some addresses are
not written. They still contain the value they had prior to the load
command. This behavior is address indepentend. If I move the progam into
anonther location the problem still exist.

I tested some things and discovert that the set instruction is not
executed if the data type is char or short. (Readaccess with datatype
char and shor works.) I'm not sure if this my cause the load problem. If
the CPU executes byte or short writes to the memory it works. So in IMHO
it can't be a hardwareproblem.

I think that the problem is caused due to a gdb configuration error. I
tried several settings (e.g. set download-write-size, set remote
memory-write-packet-size)but it doesn't help.

I use <target remote localhost:8888> where OcdLibDemon from Macraigor is
listening. If I use <monitor char> or <monitor short> to write to the
address it works. Because of that, the OcdLibDemon configuration <-c
PPC5XX8XX -d WIGGLER -a 1 -s 1> should be correct.

Which settings I can use to modify gdbs load and set related behaviour?

Thanks and regards,
Kai

---
K. Hylla