Re: Variables in gdbarch

Hi All,

I was trying to port GDB to a new target, and it seems,
almost entirely all the work would be filling up the
gdbarch structure for the new target.

Careful, the trick is figuring out the few architecture methods that are needed.

I was trying to understand all the variables and
function pointers in the structure. I started with the
variables, unfortunately, the Internals Document does
not seem to explain all those variables and function
pointers and their significance.

I did figure out significance of many of the variables,
but I am stuck up with some. Probably, some of you could
go through the list and help me understand them. And we
could build this list and add that to the documentation
so that others do not have to duplicate my efforts when
porting for some new targets.

These are some of the ones, I haven't figured out still:

If the method is deprecated, don't touch it. Look through http://sources.redhat.com/gdb/current/ari/ for additional methods that are also going to be deprecated. Also, only worry about methods that can be set with set_gdbarch_...() functions.

6.		  nr_data	 unsigned
26.		  npc_regnum	 int
31.		deprecated_use_generic_dummy_frames	 int
33.		 call_dummy_location	 int
34.		deprecated_call_dummy_start_offset	 CORE_ADDR
35.		deprecated_call_dummy_breakpoint_offset	 CORE_ADDR
36.		deprecated_call_dummy_length	 int
37.		deprecated_call_dummy_words	 LONGEST *
38.		deprecated_sizeof_call_dummy_words	 int
39.		deprecated_call_dummy_stack_adjust	 int
41.		Believe_pcc_promotion	 int
42.		Believe_pcc_promotion_type	 int
51.		Cannot_step_breakpoint	 int
52.		have_nonsteppable_watchpoint	 int

Also, are the significances of those I gathered correct?
I would move on to the function pointers once this is
finished and wrapped up.

Any help would be highly appreciated. :-)

I don't think any of the above are needed.

Andrew