Re: The SPARC target

Mark Kettenis wrote:

Well, most of the bitrot seems to have taken place after the 5.3
release.  So I'm not at all confident that it still works to your
satisfaction.  I'm working on the 32-bit SPARC target now, and I'm
pretty confident that I can get it in a shape where it works better
than GDB 5.3.  It's not until then that I'll replace the old code with
my new implementation.

Just out of curiosity.  What's the --target you use to configure the
GDB you're using to debug your embedded system?

I have added my own target configuration (sparc-tsim-elf), which is based on the sparc-elf target with some extra defines to enable stack backtrace and support for hardware watchpoints.

Jiri.

Gaisler Research, Stora Nygatan 13, 41108 Goteborg, Sweden, +46-31802405
fax: +46-31802407 email: info@gaisler.com, home page: www.gaisler.com