debugging core files from other machines with archived symbol files

Hi,

I have a problem using gdb in a core file senario:

A machine with my stripped shared library crashes somewere in the world.
The core file is sent to me together with information on what version it was that crashed. I have archived non-stripped versions of my shared library, and now I want to get gdb to read the non-stripped version of my shared lib.

1: How do I find the base address where the text segment of my lib was loaded?
2: How can I tell gdb to load my library from my archive instead of the path where my lib was installed on the customer machine that crashed?

Is there any way of doing this accept from creating a file system structure matching the one on the machine where the crash occured, and copy the correct version of the non-stripped lib file to that directory?

Thx,

/Staffan