Re: binutils+gdb CVS module

Hi Stephen,

> How does one know when there is something new?  Add a watch via email?
> Is that even allowed with this repository?

Watches are a big dead end as far I can tell.  They only work on files,
not on directories, and they require other people to do 'cvs edit'
to send the signal.  Anyways, gdb doesn't use them.

The usual procedure is to subscribe to gdb-cvs mailing list and
watch the commits go by.  Also, if your work area starts mysteriously
failing, look in the gdb mailing list and see if people are talking
about another round of top level changes.

AFAIK, the most recent new file was src-release on 2002-10-01.  So 'cvs
update' will fail about once a year.  Less, really, for an ordinary gdb
developer who is not making releases or editing the configuration
machinery (editing Makefile.tpl and stuff).

Me, I just do fresh "cvs checkout" a lot.  But I do more testing
than developing.

Michael C