Re: [testsuite & dwarf2] How to handle store.exp failure on AMD64?

On Wed, Aug 13, 2003 at 10:39:41AM -0400, Andrew Cagney wrote:
> The initial status of each register is drawn from the CIE, and not the FDE.

I understand that.

> If GCC is going to move forward with optimizations that involve local
> functions not complying to the ABI, it will need to supply complete
> INITIAL_INSTRUCTIONS information.

WHY?

I just gave you an argument why that information doesn't do you
any particular good, NO MATTER WHAT THE ABI IS.  Please refute
it rather than ignoring it.

Moreover, the algorithm I suggested that you use -- assume saved --
is also completely independant of the ABI, so its' not like GDB
needs to hard code ABI specific information either.

r~