Re: [testsuite & dwarf2] How to handle store.exp failure on AMD64?

On Tue, Aug 12, 2003 at 11:54:32PM -0400, Andrew Cagney wrote:
> I would have expected the CIE.INITIAL_INSTRUCTIONS to specify the
> default state of all DWARF2 registers, and not just a select few.

Folks already complain unwind info is too large.

As I said, GCC's unwinder assumes DW_CFA_same_value unless otherwise
stated.  Since scratch registers aren't live across the call, it
doesn't matter that we don't mark registers DW_CFA_undefined; any
(accurate) debug information you'll find at the call site in the
caller simply won't say that values are live in those registers.
Anything else would be a bug.

So assuming DW_CFA_same_value produces the most compact representation.

r~