Re: cvs update

Bob Rossi writes:
 > It also seems
 > like you are saying to *not* just update the gdb tree. I have to update
 > everything it depends on?

That's a judgement call.
[pedantic: it's based on one's experience, what one is
currently working on, how many trees one has checked out, which
modules are in each tree, knowledge of changes that have gone in since
the last update, knowledge of what versions of installed tools
are in use, and I'm guessing various other things I'm forgetting.]

For the context of being fairly new to gdb, with just the
gdb module checked out, I would update everything in the gdb module
every time (using the way I previously showed).

[pedantic: even that could get one into trouble. As Michael points out,
various changes in other tools can cause problems.  If you're
on a fairly old linux system, for example, with a fairly old
binutils, for example, and you need support for something that's
only recently been fixed, you may find you have to either install
newer versions of those tools or start using a combined tree.
But if you're fairly new, I wouldn't worry about it at all. TMI.
Just file this away for future reference.]

 > I am new at working with gdb, sorry for the low level questions.

No problem.