Re: cvs update

> When doing a 'cvs update' do I have to do it from the top level?
> or can I do it from src/gdb?

See Daniel's message.

> I don't know if gdb depends on binutils, ... for running on the host.

Basically, no.  You can just use binutils 2.14 and not update your
binutils until 2.14.1 comes out, and gdb will work fine, even if you
use a cvs version of gdb and update it every day.

Here's what I do.  I regularly test the cross product of these choices:

  gdb: 5.3, gdb_6_0-branch, HEAD
  gcc: 2.95.3, vendor, 3.3, gcc-3_3-branch, HEAD
  binutils: vendor, 2.14, binutils-2_14-branch, HEAD

(Yes, it's a lot of testing).

If there is a difference between different versions of binutils,
I'll see it and report it.  But starting with binutils 2.13.2.1,
basically all versions of binutils work the same almost all the time,
so you can just settle with one and forget about it.

My old vendor binutils doesn't support thread local storage but
that is the only difference I've seen.

Michael C