Re: Need Help for bringing m68k-based bdm target-patches form gdb-5.2.1 to gdb-5.3

Hello!

On Fri, Aug 01, 2003 at 12:35:14AM +0200, Josef Wolf wrote:

Could it be that noone have noticed my first mail? IMHO, at least this:

[ ... ]
> The relevant change was that default_get_saved_register() was deleted
> and replaced with generic_unwind_get_saved_register()
>
> The problem with this replacement was that default_get_saved_register()
> semantically did
>
>      if (frame==NULL)
>          *addrp=REGISTER_BYTE(regnum);
>
> while generic_unwind_get_saved_register() semantically did
>
>      if (frame==NULL)
>          *addrp=0;
>
> This confused value_of_register() because it stores this address into
> the value struct, so that callers can calculate the register number from
> this address. This results in clobbering of all the register contents of
> the target because everything seemed to be in register 0.

seems to be a bug in gdb. And this bug is still present in gdb-5.3. Maybe
one of the gdb-gurus could clarify this?

--
Please visit and sign http://petition-eurolinux.org and http://www.ffii.org
-- Josef Wolf -- jw@raven.inka.de --