Re: Allow C++ or C99 in sim/*?

On Fri, 01 Aug 2003 20:15:52 -0400, Andrew Cagney <ac131313@redhat.com> said:

> While I hate C++, making GDB developers debug C++ code would be a
> good thing (TM), and there are a few chunks of the simulator code
> that really shouldn't be C.

I'd vote for allowing C++.  But I will make my motivations clear: I
don't use sim at all, so I don't really care about it per se: I just
think it would be a good thing if GDB developers had to deal with C++
code more, and, if I'm working on GDB in a couple of years, I'll be
pushing for allowing C++ in GDB.

> Coding standards?

I can help with this if we go the C++ route.

David Carlton
carlton@kealia.com