Re: [rfc] Print solib events in mi-mode

On Wed, Jul 09, 2003 at 02:21:28PM -0400, Kris Warkentin wrote:
> > On Wed, Jul 09, 2003 at 02:02:00PM -0400, Kris Warkentin wrote:
> > > Someone just pointed something out to me.  "set stop-on-solib-events 1"
> is
> > > NOT enable-load-catchpoint or anything else.  Yes, those things should
> exist
> > > for all solib platforms but the bottom line is that stop-on-solib-events
> is
> > > not currently mi-enabled and it should be.
> > >
> > > I want to make that command result in proper mi output, regardless of
> any
> > > other things which might be implemented in the future.
> >
> > And I want load catchpoints fixed, so that stop-on-solib-events is
> > NEVER MI-enabled, so that it can be removed instead of supported for
> > years.  It is in every way inferior to catchpoints.  That was my point.
>
> Well I want an ice cream bar so I'm going to go get one. :-P

Curse you, now I want ice cream.

> Alright then.  I see that SOM and PA64 both implement
> SOLIB_CREATE_CATCH_*LOAD_HOOK and most everyone else just errors out if you
> try.  Should we be adding these functions to the target_so_ops vector?  Does
> every target that supports solibs build solib.c?  If so, we could tweak the
> defines to use the vector and have a default implementation that prints an
> error.  That way solib-svr4 and friends can implement these functions in the
> backend.
>
> ????

That's not really the problem - the breakpoint is already there, it's
the same breakpoint we stop at for stop-on-solib-events.  The real
trick is going to be reporting the events - SOLIB_HAVE_LOAD_EVENT
and SOLIB_LOADED_LIBRARY_PATHNAME.  The model has to change a little
since more than one library can be reported at once in the svr4 model.

--
Daniel Jacobowitz