mipsbe solib event breakpoint endian?

I'm having a problem with debugging on a mips big endian target.  Mipsle
works fine but on mipsbe it looks like the solib-event breakpoint is
cross-endian.  I don't have a target available right at this moment to show
you the exact output but it's trying to set the breakpoint at some freaking
huge number that doesn't look right at all.  I'm assuming that it's reading
the memory from the target but not flipping it for some reason.  Now
obviously this works for PowerPC so the functionality must be there.

Can anyone tell me if I'm barking up the wrong tree?

cheers,

Kris