Re: Frame handling

Hi Andrew,

>>> Question - what registers is gdb expecting prev_register to give
reasonable
>>> results for? Just PC? Or SP and FP as well?
>>
>> As many as possible.  This _completely_ replaces all other unwinding,
>> for instance frame_chain and the extra_info/saved_registers data.
>> Might want to take a look at the ARM conversion I just posted; I don't
>> promise it's right...
>
>Yes.  GDB now relies on the prev_register method when popping a frame so
>unless it works well, things fail pretty quick.

Ok

The ABI states that everything is callee clobbered so the only things I can
recover will be the PC, SP, and FP. There is no FP register so FP and SP are
search-calculated.

I will clean up the ip3k (aka ip4k) frame_handling next so should be able to
recover the saved address registers (all data registers are callee
clobbered).

BTW - Sorry I missed the branch, management didn't pay any attention to my
recomendation 3 weeks ago... and *now* they decide we need to fix gdb and
merge up to the trunk :-)

Thanks

Nick