Re: Problem with multiple threads using gdbserver on x86.

On Mon, 2003-06-23 at 20:29, Daniel Jacobowitz wrote:

> You will have to look in the source to libthread_db, which is a part of
> glibc and in this case NPTL, in order to figure out why this is not
> working.
>
> Debugging libthread_db is, in general, a pain in the ass.

Thanx for the info. will look into the same
.
 but that still does not answer my question regarding
linux_look_up_symbols.. I was under the
impression that looking up symbols was a file format  / debug format
specific thing and not an OS specific functionality and would like to
know the reason behind having a function like look_up_symbol in the
target_ops structure and seem to use it to initialize the thread
information in the implementation ?

regards
Ramana

--
God made machine language - the rest is the work of man.