Multithreaded remote debug question

Hi,

	I have been unsuccessful in consistently remote debugging a multithreaded Linux application, and I am looking for advice.  I am using gdb 5.3 (with patches for supporting glib 2.3) on both the host and target systems.  I am not having troubles when debugging locally with gdb, only with gdbserver.  The majority of problems occur when trying to step or next after a breakpoint from within a thread, I either get an unexpected SIGSEGV or a SIGTRAP in usleep().

	Looking through this mailing list, and I see others have had problems quite similar to mine.  Does anyone have advice?

	Looking at this, http://sources.redhat.com/ml/gdb/2003-04/msg00068.html, message fixing this problem requires a change to the gdbserver protocol.  Is there a patch planned for this?  If not, will it be addressed in version 6?

Thanks in advance,
Ira Burton