Re: [davidm@napali.hpl.hp.com: readelf question]

Hi Nick,

  Nick> Hi David,
  >> Another toolchain question: with the latest 2.5 kernel, coredumps
  >> will cover the kernel shared library describing the gate page (aka
  >> "gate DSO").  Unfortunately, readelf -a prints a warning message
  >> when reading such coredumps:

  Nick> Is it possible for you to generate a *small* example core file which
  Nick> demonstrates this problem and post it to the list ?  If not, could you
  Nick> make one available for retrieval via ftp/http ?

Certainly.  I meant to do that with the original report, but seem to
have forgotten... ;-(

Anyhow, I now attached two files:

 core-static.gz	compressed core file for a statically linked app doing abort()
 core-static.gz	same app but dynamically linked

It doesn't seem to make much of a difference whether the file is
statically or dynamically linked, but I thought it would be best to
cover both cases.

Please let me know if you need anything else.

Thanks,

	--david