Re: DW_AT_specification and partial symtabs

On Thu, 12 Jun 2003 13:05:45 -0400, Daniel Jacobowitz <drow@mvista.com> said:

> I'll answer this in more depth in a bit.  For now, something to
> consider: I would like to add .debug_typenames (spelling?) to GCC -
> it's an SGI extension, IIRC.

Yes.  It's actually .debug_pubtypes, and has made it into the DWARF 3
spec.  (Though the description there could use some work.)

I don't think that I'm too likely to do that myself, though, for
various reasons.

>> void foo ()
>> {
>> class Local {
>> public:
>> int mem() {return 1;}
>> };

>> }
>>
>> then is the compiler allowed to put a definition of Local::mem as a
>> child of the comp unit die (with a DW_AT_specification pointing to a
>> DIE inside of foo somewhere)?

> I believe so.

Ulgh.  That's what I think, too.

David Carlton