Re: Catchpoint in GDB/MI

On Tue, May 06, 2003 at 03:46:40PM -0400, Alain Magloire wrote:

> > > Details please? 8-)
> > >
> > > Do you mean setting breakpoint on some special function used to throw
> > > exception __raise_exception(..)?
> > >
> > > How does it work ?
> >
> > Yes.  It's __cxa_throw and __cxa_begin_catch; I only implemented them
> > for the GCC 3.x (i.e. multivendor) ABI.  You can find the patch in the
> > archives if you want to know more :)
> >

> Are you refering to this:
> 	http://sources.redhat.com/ml/gdb/2002-07/msg00191.html
>
> Very informative, thanks.
>
> Reading your exchange, I probably can implement your scheme whithout
> having to change gdb; setting the breakpoint in __cxa_throw and examining
> the arguments.
>
> It seems straightforward enough, so why not put it in gdb?  Unless
> of course I do not grasp the entire complexity of the problem 8-)
> True it is compiler specific unless the cxxabi becomes more widespread
> but at least a start.

No, I was referring to the message a few weeks ago where I checked in
support for "catch catch".  It doesn't yet parse a type to catch but
that is easy to add once the FETCH_POINTER_ARGUMENT method is
available.

Alain, something is wrong with your mailer; I'm getting two copies with
different Message-Id's of everything you send me.

--
Daniel Jacobowitz