Re: long long considered harmful?

Found some answers:

> > typedef struct mips_cpu_registers
> > {
> >   unsigned regs[74];
> >   unsigned long long regs_alignment;
> > } MIPS_CPU_REGISTERS;
>
> What's the purpose of the alignment entry?  I doubt it does what you
> want it to.

I was more or less correct on this one.  Apparently this was not even
defined by us but by one of our very large chip vendors who shall remain
nameless.  Rather than the nicer solution of just defining an array of 64
bit regs, they did this which necessitates some nastiness when dealing with
different endians.  The alignment field ensures that the overall structure
is 64 bit aligned which is a handy thing to be on mips.

> > #ifdef __BIGREGS__
>
> Eh?

I was correct.  This is future proofing and currently unnecessary.  I'll
remove it.

cheers,

Kris