RDI specification.

Hello sir,
I am trying to understing RDI specification. I have installed gdb 1.5.1 in my system and compilerd the same for arm-elf target. Once i run gdb, and select, ARM RDI target, it calles the function written in rdi_share folder. Those functions call angel_RDI funcitons which in turn call adp_ functions. So i would like to know is gdb has been implemented as per RDI specification. If  answer is yes, why those funcitons are called ADP functions?. and where shall get complete RDI specification?.

I hope you will respond immediatley.

Thanks & Regards
Vadiraj Kulkarni