Re: prev_pc problem on ia64

> I tried to use target_has_execution but that did not work. The error > I get is that the process does not exist. The read_pc() routine for the ia64 is doing > a read_register_pid() and it appears that the inferior_ptid is not set up > at a time when target_has_execution is set to true.

target_has_execution doesn't mean that the target is executing. It is
a total misnomer to indicate that the gdb target stratum is capable of
execution. I think what you want is target_has_registers.

Arrrgh! That problem, core file's also has registers ... so right theory, I've no idea on which thing to use in the test though.

Hmm, ... but at least target_has_registers should only be true when the target really does have the registers available. I guess try it.

Andrew