remote debugging over TCP/IP on x86 target

hello,

I'm trying to remote debug programs running on x86/windows XP target from cygwin
host using TCP/IP.But problems occured.
 here's what I did:

I linked my program with i386-stub.c on host machine (I supplied exception
handling subroutine and putdebugchar and getdebugchar subroutines using winsock
API) . I put on top of my program set_debug_traps and socket settings then my
program waits for a connection from GDB.
I first start my program(hello.exe) on the target (it takes as argument port
number), it stops at waiting for a GDB incoming connection
Secondly I run GDB on the host : gdb hello.exe
            then:      target remote target:port_number
On the target my program resumes and terminates
On the host : gdb output is :
    target remote Poste563:9888
    Remote debugging using Poste563:9888
    Couldn't establish connection to remote target
    Remote communication error: Connection reset by peer.

It seems that GDB doesn't take control over the program.

Any help would be precious, thanks.