Re: bug in gdb.mi/mi-file.exp (or maybe in GDB)

Bob Rossi writes:

 > > Ah right, ${srcfilepath} is set up by the testsuite machinery, not
 > > gdb, so it is not guaranteed to match fullname.  I thought you meant
 > > that fullname could not be absolute, and that got me puzzled.  Bottom
 > > line, the testsuite doesn't know what the absolute path is.  We could
 > > pull the dirty trick of asking gdb for it, with an 'info source' and
 > > use that output to match.
 >
 > I think if we did that, they might break consistently, and the test case
 > could still pass. It seems like maybe we should allow the file to match
 > the same thing we allow fullname to match. "/.*$(srcfile}" Since it is legal.

Yes, but the purpose of the mi testsuite is to check consistency
between what the cli produces and what the mi produces. It is not the
case that we want to verify that 'info source' works. For that there
should be a test in gdb.base (BTW, is there one?)
But anyway, I don't feel strongly ether way.

elena