Problems with gdb on Solaris 8

I have been experiencing problems with debugging programs on Solaris 8.

The programs are compiled using g++ 3.2, and I am attempting to debug running gdb 5.3
Both my modules and the ACE library used by my modules are compiled with optimzation turned off and debug turned on.  Additionally, the module is not striped.

I have attempted to set other breakpoints, but I get the same results.

# gdb ./MIBtest
GNU gdb 5.3
This GDB was configured as "sparc-sun-solaris2.8"...
(gdb) l 'ACE_SV_Semaphore_Complex::ACE_SV_Semaphore_Complex(int, int, int, unsigned short, int)'
211     ACE_SV_Semaphore_Complex::ACE_SV_Semaphore_Complex (key_t k,
212                                                         int flags,
213                                                         int initial_value,
214                                                         u_short nsems,
215                                                         int perms)
216     {
217       ACE_TRACE ("ACE_SV_Semaphore_Complex::ACE_SV_Semaphore_Complex");
218       if (this->open (k, flags, initial_value, nsems, perms) == -1)
219         ACE_ERROR ((LM_ERROR,  ACE_LIB_TEXT ("%p\n"),  ACE_LIB_TEXT ("ACE_SV_Semaphore_Complex"))
);
220     }
(gdb) b 218
Breakpoint 1 at 0x133854: file SV_Semaphore_Complex.cpp, line 218.
(gdb) run
Starting program: /dfrager/MIBtest
Warning:
Cannot insert breakpoint 1.
Error accessing memory address 0x133854: I/O error.
The same program may be running in another process.