Re: problem with exec-file when targetting remote machine

Can anyone tell me the possible ramifications of commenting out this line?
I wouldn't normally contemplate this kind of fix but I have only a short
while to get this in a patch.  In my preliminary tests, everything seems to
work but I'm worried that there might be other consequences.

Assume the code was originally added because of a bug :-) I'm guessing something like:

(gdb) file executable
(gdb) disassemble main

will break. It will select the wrong disassembler. Why isn't the executable being recognized, and why do the defaults fail? (NickC pointed me at an endian problem recently).

Andrew