Debugging a Multi-threaded application on PowerPC 82xx...

Hi,

I downloaded gdb5.3 having read in the announcement that it supports multi-threaded debugging for powerpc-*-linux. I found similar queries in the archives (a week back) but would like to know the current status.

I built gdb and gdbserver(following the README)
gdb: ./configure --target=powerpc-linux

gdbserver: set the cross-compiler and then ran
     ./configure --target=powerpc-linux

I copied gdbserver into the target and initiated the communication between gdb and gdbserver through TCP/IP(following the documentation)

I am able to place breakpoints on the main routine as well as on other threads. The debug cursor doesn't show up at the thread's place.

I then built gdb in the target environment i.e built it natively on the target machine. The result was the same. I couldn't switch between the threads.

I read in the archive about a patch PREPARE_TO_PROCEED Patch. I applied the patch and rebuilt gdb and gdbserver. Even then, the
thread switching didn't take place.

I would like to know how to go about so that debugging the multi-threaded application is possible. I will look forward to valuable

with regards,
Gautham Thavva

ps. Please reply to me directly as I haven't subscribed to the mailing list.