ser-tcp ser-unix question

We're trying to make a new file to define how should gdb connect to a
simulated UART, as I said before. Forget the other question.
I see that there are three files called ser-tcp.c , ser-unix.c , ser-pipe.c ,
and also a pair called ser-something.c.
In configure.in from gdb there's a point in which SER_HARDWIRE = "ser-unix.c
ser-tcp.c ser-pipe.c" is shown. But, I'm trying to configure this (just for a
probe) with SER_HARDWIRE = "ser-unix.o ser-tcp.o ser-pipe.o ser-simuart.o"
with no results.

I would like to do a new ser-simuart.c file , with all the methods to
send-receive data to a simulated uart. So I could connect easily gdb to a
software board simulator that reads/writes to a simulated UART. Before I make
this ser-simuart.c file, how should I integrate this with the rest of the gdb
code? Should I do something more or just a new file?

Thank you very much.
Each answer is really wellcomed!

miguel

----- End forwarded message -----