This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: ssh CVS access from another machine
- From: Daniel Jacobowitz <drow at mvista dot com>
- To: Kris Warkentin <kewarken at qnx dot com>
- Cc: gdb at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2003 15:13:41 -0500
- Subject: Re: ssh CVS access from another machine
- References: <003101c2dd09$f19df3e0$2a00a8c0@dash>
On Tue, Feb 25, 2003 at 03:10:29PM -0500, Kris Warkentin wrote:
> I'm trying to access the repository from home and not having any luck. It's
> probably just my ignorance on the mechanism so if there is a doc I should
> read, let me know.
> I had created an account (generating identity.pub, etc.) at work and now I
> wanted to work from home. I copied the contents of my $HOME/.ssh directory
> to my home machine (this is probably wrong) and then tried connecting. I
> keep getting 'permission denied'. I tried removing identity.pub and config
> (to get an interactive session) but that claimed "permission denied:
> Do I need to have multiple rsa keys on file or am I missing something else?
At a guess: try using ssh -1 on the second machine; it may have a newer
version of ssh and be trying a different protocol type. Copying the
key ought to work.
MontaVista Software Debian GNU/Linux Developer