This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: ARI `asection' and `sec_ptr'
- From: Daniel Jacobowitz <drow at mvista dot com>
- To: Andrew Cagney <ac131313 at redhat dot com>
- Cc: gdb at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2003 09:25:00 -0500
- Subject: Re: ARI `asection' and `sec_ptr'
- References: <3E59BF0E.firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Mon, Feb 24, 2003 at 01:43:26AM -0500, Andrew Cagney wrote:
> Assuming I'm reading the code right. BFD has the declarations:
> typedef struct sec
> } asection;
> typedef struct sec *sec_ptr;
> GDB uses all three (sec_ptr, asection, struct sec) and that makes things
> pretty confusing. Consequently, I've added asection and sec_ptr to the
> ARI. Instead people can use `struct sec *' which is consistent with
> GDB's other types.
Must you? BFD makes a conscious effort to (almost always) use
asection* in its interfaces. If you want to reduce bfd.h includes,
solve this one in BFD too.
MontaVista Software Debian GNU/Linux Developer