This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [maint] The GDB maintenance process
- From: Andrew Cagney <ac131313 at redhat dot com>
- To: Richard dot Earnshaw at arm dot com
- Cc: Daniel Jacobowitz <drow at mvista dot com>,Jim Blandy <jimb at redhat dot com>, gdb at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Fri, 21 Feb 2003 19:58:23 -0500
- Subject: Re: [maint] The GDB maintenance process
- References: <200302201832.h1KIWCq05909@pc960.cambridge.arm.com>
-Branches should have an owner.
The owner can set further policy for a branch, but may not change the
ground rules. In particular, they can set a policy for commits (be it
adding more reviewers or deciding who can commit).
-All commits to a branch must be covered by an assignment
This saves us from the situation where a branch might become contaminated.
Um, er, yes, `obviously' (How did I forget that one :-( :-).