This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: Multi-Arch symbol read warning message
- From: Jim Blandy <jimb at redhat dot com>
- To: mrcompiler at mrcompiler dot com
- Cc: gdb at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: 20 Feb 2003 23:16:40 -0500
- Subject: Re: Multi-Arch symbol read warning message
- References: <email@example.com>
mrcompiler at mrcompiler dot com writes:
> When I load a PowerPC symbol-file I get the warning "unknown symbol
> descriptor `;`" which doesn't appear if I build a "pure"
> powerpc-vxworks target.
This message means that the compiler has emitted debugging information
GDB doesn't know how to read. (Or the compiler could be broken, or
GDB could be misreading correct debug info.) If you set a breakpoint
on the appropriate 'complaint' call in dbxread.c:read_dbx_symtab and
'print namestring' when you get there, what does it say?