This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [ECOS] Can't connect to remote Evaluator 7T
- From: Mark Salter <msalter at redhat dot com>
- To: qqi at theworld dot com
- Cc: jifl at eCosCentric dot com, Pierre dot Habraken at imag dot fr, gdb at sources dot redhat dot com, ecos-discuss at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2003 12:41:38 -0500 (EST)
- Subject: Re: [ECOS] Can't connect to remote Evaluator 7T
- References: <Pine.SGI.4.40.0302191233470.1037613-100000@shell01.TheWorld.com>
>>>>> Quality Quorum writes:
> On Wed, 19 Feb 2003, Mark Salter wrote:
>> Not only that, from my experiments with a cable tap, nothing is going out
>> of the PC to the target. The write(2) succeeds, but nothing is sent on
>> the wire. Closing and reopening the serial device usually clears up the
> Connect through minicom and make sure that target responds with gdb packet
> when you send enter. My $0.02.
The target is sitting at the RedBoot prompt. I physically tapped the
serial line and watched from another host. The packet from GDB never
makes it to the wire. If I startup minicom on the host with GDB still
trying to connect, then data starts flowing on the wire again although
GDB and minicom are fighting over the read data.