This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: how to obtain output with debug information in dwarf3 format
- From: Alan Modra <amodra at bigpond dot net dot au>
- To: Sangeetha Venkateswaran <sangeetha dot venkateswaran at wipro dot com>
- Cc: binutils at sources dot redhat dot com, gdb at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2003 21:28:40 +1030
- Subject: Re: how to obtain output with debug information in dwarf3 format
- References: <7F396B9772328640B7593FA817EEEDAD2D7C18@blr-m3-msg.wipro.com>
On Wed, Feb 19, 2003 at 02:06:20PM +0530, Sangeetha Venkateswaran wrote:
> I would like to know how to get the debug information in an output in
> dwarf3 format. If I use gcc3.2, with the option
> gcc -o3 -g3 , the version of dwarf which appears in the debug_info
> section header shows 2. Why does'nt gcc -gdwarf-3 option not work?
This is not a binutils or gdb issue. The version number near
the start of .debug_info is emitted directly by gcc.
IBM OzLabs - Linux Technology Centre