This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: remote debugging: reading code from the executable iso remotememory
- From: Andrew Cagney <ac131313 at redhat dot com>
- To: Jan Hoogerbrugge <hoogerbrugge at hotmail dot com>
- Cc: gdb at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2003 15:47:39 -0500
- Subject: Re: remote debugging: reading code from the executable iso remotememory
- References: <F115XaDXLtnGQlQ3uGF000050e4@hotmail.com>
When doing remote debugging the read_memory() function reads memory from the remote memory. Is there a possibility to ready instruction code from the executable loaded by gdb. I want to use this to read function prologue code directly from the executable instead of reading it from a slow serial link.
(gdb) set trust-readonly-sections on