This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: PING: c++ stabs+ direction needed
- From: Daniel Jacobowitz <drow at mvista dot com>
- To: Michael Elizabeth Chastain <mec at shout dot net>
- Cc: carlton at math dot stanford dot edu, gdb at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Sat, 15 Feb 2003 19:06:36 -0500
- Subject: Re: PING: c++ stabs+ direction needed
- References: <200302151625.h1FGPYW07776@duracef.shout.net>
On Sat, Feb 15, 2003 at 10:25:34AM -0600, Michael Elizabeth Chastain wrote:
> [attempt #2]
> Please, I need some help with this:
> pr gdb/1026: regression in casts.exp from gcc 3.2.1 to gcc gcc-3_3-branch%20030128
> gcc 3.3 and gcc 3.4 emit new stabs output for derived classes.
> This screws up gdb's output, leading to several dozen FAILs.
> I've analyzed this but I don't know the right strategy for fixing it.
> We can either:
> . enhance gdb to deal with the new stabs output
> . file a PR against gcc
> . live with the new ugly output
File a PR against GCC, and I'll look at it this week if I can. It's
Do you happen to know when it appeared on the 3.3 branch? Otherwise
it's easy enough for me to binary-search for it.
MontaVista Software Debian GNU/Linux Developer