This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
PING: c++ stabs+ direction needed
- From: Michael Elizabeth Chastain <mec at shout dot net>
- To: carlton at math dot stanford dot edu, drow at mvista dot com
- Cc: gdb at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Sat, 15 Feb 2003 10:25:34 -0600
- Subject: PING: c++ stabs+ direction needed
Please, I need some help with this:
pr gdb/1026: regression in casts.exp from gcc 3.2.1 to gcc gcc-3_3-branch%20030128
gcc 3.3 and gcc 3.4 emit new stabs output for derived classes.
This screws up gdb's output, leading to several dozen FAILs.
I've analyzed this but I don't know the right strategy for fixing it.
We can either:
. enhance gdb to deal with the new stabs output
. file a PR against gcc
. live with the new ugly output