This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: How to define shared libray symbol file for GDB in cross debug en vironment?
- From: Daniel Jacobowitz <drow at mvista dot com>
- To: Yu kenny-a18604 <kenny dot yu at motorola dot com>
- Cc: gdb at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2003 10:00:20 -0500
- Subject: Re: How to define shared libray symbol file for GDB in cross debug en vironment?
- References: <89DEFCC5DB33D411A27F00508BCF8A8206168277@ZCH07EXM05.corp.mot.com>
On Wed, Feb 12, 2003 at 06:59:16PM +0800, Yu kenny-a18604 wrote:
> Hi, all:
> Here I have trouble in using GDB.
> I am in a cross-compiler environment. Host is x86 PC and target is xscale-arm. I've been succeeding in connect arm-gdbserver from host PC. Also I loaded symbol file of my binary - elf.out. But now the trouble is:
> There is some shared libraies like libmydb.so I want to load it in host as a symbol file. GDB 'sharedlibrary' command just search this shared-symbol-file in a fixed path - /usr/lib. I could not copy libmydb.so to /usr/lib cause there is a x86 shared library there with the same name. I can't change it now.
> So my question is how to direct gdb-host to load shared library symbol file in specific path, for example, /myhome/target(/libmydb.so)?
Look at "set solib-absolute-prefix" and "set solib-search-path".
MontaVista Software Debian GNU/Linux Developer