Re: Adding file to gdb

Hi Bob,

> this Email?

No, this is fine.

> If I am going to submit a patch that adds a single file to gdb, do I
> need to submit a patch of the Makefile changes also? Or will the
> maintainer automatically fix the Makefile.am and configure code to do
> this?

You have to include the Makefile.in and configure/configure.in changes
as well.  See the big Ingham/Seitz/Zannoni/Cagney patch for an example.

  http://sources.redhat.com/ml/gdb-patches/2003-02/msg00138.html

> Is this all I need to do? Or is there something else I should do
> before I submit the patch?

I like it when people describe what they did to test their patch.
I'm trying to persuade other people to do this too.  But most people
don't say how they test, so it's okay if you don't.

Did you run the gdb test suite?  On which platforms?

> Also, Should I do the context diff from src/ using 'cvs diff -c' ?

Either src/ or gdb/, we tend to be relaxed about this.

Michael C