This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
c++ stabs+ direction needed
- From: Michael Elizabeth Chastain <mec at shout dot net>
- To: carlton at math dot stanford dot edu, drow at mvista dot com
- Cc: gdb at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Sat, 8 Feb 2003 09:25:07 -0600
- Subject: c++ stabs+ direction needed
I need some c++ stabs+ expertise on this PR:
pr gdb/1026: regression in casts.exp from gcc 3.2.1 to gcc gcc-3_3-branch%20030128
gcc is emitting some new fields in derived classes which causes
gdb to print annoying excessive output (and screw up the test suite).
I've analyzed this but I don't know the right strategy for fixing it.
We need to figure out whether to enhance gdb, file a PR against gcc,
or live with it.