This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: How to configure gdb on arm-linux (for CDB89712)
- From: Erik Andersen <andersen at codepoet dot org>
- To: Dmytro Bablinyuk <dmytro dot bablinyuk at tait dot co dot nz>
- Cc: gdb at sources dot redhat dot com, Daniel Jacobowitz <drow at mvista dot com>
- Date: Sat, 8 Feb 2003 03:36:36 -0700
- Subject: Re: How to configure gdb on arm-linux (for CDB89712)
- Reply-to: andersen at codepoet dot org
On Fri, 7 Feb 2003 08:27:41 -0500, Daniel Jacobowitz wrote:
> This is a known problem between GDB 5.3 and uclibc: uclibc
> doesn't leave the identifying marks that GDB uses to figure out
> that something is a "Linux" binary rather than a "generic ELF"
> binary. Try a CVS snapshot of GDB and I bet it'll work.
I've just added the .note.ABI-tag section to uClibc's crt0.o
and crt1.o for arm, which lets gdb 5.3 now behave itself when
debugging uClibc binaries on arm. I just tried it, and it
worked as expected -- no more SIGILLs...
Daniel -- is arm the only architecture for which the
.note.ABI-tag section is required for proper gdb behavior?
Erik B. Andersen http://codepoet-consulting.com/
--This message was written using 73% post-consumer electrons--