This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: GDB/MI & CLI commands
- From: Keith Seitz <keiths at redhat dot com>
- To: Bob Rossi <bob_rossi at cox dot net>
- Cc: gdb at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: 07 Feb 2003 12:33:56 -0800
- Subject: Re: GDB/MI & CLI commands
- References: <20030207145557.GC7980@white> <20030207151039.GD7980@white>
On Fri, 2003-02-07 at 07:10, Bob Rossi wrote:
> However, I would like to confirm that GDB/MI is supposed to
> accept CLI commands.
It does for now, but this behavior is only temporary. It was used as a
stop-gap for commands that are not yet implemented (from mi-main.c):
/* A CLI command was read from the input stream */
/* This will be removed as soon as we have a complete set of
mi commands */
Note that CLI commands read in via MI (not via -interpreter-exec) will
have MI output semantics.