This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: How to debug a 64bits application?
- From: Christian Jönsson <c dot christian dot joensson at telia dot com>
- To: Kevin Buettner <kevinb at redhat dot com>
- Cc: Miroslav Novy <mnovy at ales dot cz>, gdb at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Thu, 6 Feb 2003 16:54:53 +0100
- Subject: Re: How to debug a 64bits application?
- References: <3E42841B.firstname.lastname@example.org> <1030206154219.ZM9944@localhost.localdomain>
On Thu, Feb 06, 2003 at 08:42:20AM -0700, Kevin Buettner wrote:
> On Feb 6, 3:49pm, Miroslav Novy wrote:
> > I used gcc 3.2.1 (downloaded as a package from Sun freeware) with
> > parameter -m64 (generated code for 64-bit environment) on OS Solaris
> > 2.8 on UltraSPARC-IIe cpu (SunBlade 150) and I can't debug it.
> Are you using a gdb that was built using the -m64 switch?
Prior to that, you might need for example ncurses built as 64 bit...
BTW, no-one to hint me on the sparc64-linux issue I have with building
gdb? See http://sources.redhat.com/ml/gdb/2003-02/msg00042.html