This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: Clean up gdb.c++ tests for dwarf 1
- From: Jim Blandy <jimb at redhat dot com>
- To: Michael Elizabeth Chastain <mec at shout dot net>
- Cc: carlton at math dot stanford dot edu, fnasser at redhat dot com, gdb at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: 05 Feb 2003 16:29:14 -0500
- Subject: Re: Clean up gdb.c++ tests for dwarf 1
- References: <200302052130.h15LUHB10715@duracef.shout.net>
Michael Elizabeth Chastain <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
> gdb HEAD%20030205 has loads of this stuff in the C++ test suite:
> setup_xfail_format "DWARF 1"
> There are 81 instances of this.
> Some test scripts have them, and some don't. I'd like to get rid
> of them and replace them with something more coherent -- or nothing.
> I see four choices.
> (1) Just remove these calls to setup_xfail_format. If someone runs the
> gdb test suite with DWARF 1, the test suite will do its job and give
> FAIL results for all the C++ tests that do not work with DWARF 1.
Your rationale here is that, since we don't really know which of these
failures are genuine, can't-be-done-with-Dwarf-1 expected failures,
and which are GDB bugs, you want to dump them all into the "genuine
bug" category and start re-categorizing, using our modern
interpretation of XFAIL and KFAIL?