This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: Where to document supported versions of binutils?
- From: "Eli Zaretskii" <eliz at is dot elta dot co dot il>
- To: mec at shout dot net
- Cc: gdb at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Wed, 05 Feb 2003 17:29:40 +0200
- Subject: Re: Where to document supported versions of binutils?
- References: <200302050813.h158DS731675@duracef.shout.net>
- Reply-to: Eli Zaretskii <eliz at is dot elta dot co dot il>
> Date: Wed, 5 Feb 2003 02:13:28 -0600
> From: Michael Elizabeth Chastain <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> We've learned that, on native i686-pc-linux-gnu, gdb has bugs
> with binutils prior to binutils 2.13. I saw this happen in my
> test bed, and David Carlton also saw it happening on his system.
> Where do we record this knowledge so that gdb users can see it?
> There doesn't appear to be a obvious section in NEWS or README
> for information like this.
I think README is the place to tell this.
We could also have the configure script run "ld --version" and print
something if it doesn't like the result.