This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: Questions about GDB/MI
- From: Jim Blandy <jimb at redhat dot com>
- To: Nick Roberts <nick at nick dot uklinux dot net>
- Cc: gdb at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: 05 Feb 2003 02:14:19 -0500
- Subject: Re: Questions about GDB/MI
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Nick Roberts <email@example.com> writes:
> My simple program prints out:
> shouldn't that be:
MI doesn't yet capture all the output of the inferior; I mentioned
this in my first message. One approach is to use GDB's 'tty' command
to have the inferior run on a different tty than GDB itself. gdb-ui
can create a separate process buffer for the inferior's I/O, call
process-tty-name to get the name of its pseudo-tty, and then pass that
to GDB's 'tty' command.
I've never done this myself, mind you. The last time I used the 'tty'
command was probably ten years ago or so, to debug Emacs redisplay